ONDO 2020: Nine Guber Aspirants dismiss purported zoning of ticket, Olusola Oke, others insists on transparent primary election
There appear to be some political machinations currently ongoing in the All Progressive Congress of Ondo state, where gubernatorial election is expected to hold later this year. Nine gubernatorial aspirants under the umbrella of Unity Forum have just risen from a well attended gubernatorial aspirants meeting where they unanimously dismissed the allege zoning of the gubernatorial ticket to Ondo North senatorial district, saying that at now point was such decision taken.
The coalition of eminently qualified aspirants says it is aware that one of their members perpetrated such act. They assured the people of Ondo state in a jointly signed press release after the meeting that they are in the race with a singular agenda to wrestle power from the incumbent in the interests of the people.
The press release is shown below
RE: Ondo Poll: Guber Aspirants in Unity Forum cede Mandate to Ondo North District
We read with dismay the publication under the above caption placed in an obscure online publication and we wish to state as follow:
1. The said publication purportedly issued by one of our colleagues on behalf of the Unity Forum Aspirants was done without authourisation.
2. While it is true that there was an online discussion on possible options of concensus aspirant for the Unity Forum and the need for smooth relationship between aspirants, the Aspirants Forum did not raise, discuss or resolve on any of the grave allegations in the publication against the Unity Forum, its leadership and process during the online interaction.
3. The Aspirants Forum did not mandate any of its members to publish or make public the mutual dialogue that took place during the discussion which focused majorly on issues highlighted above and therefore could not have authourised the tissues of lies contained in the report which was deliberately published to misinform the public.
3. It flows from the above that the contents of the publication which was sponsored to purvey lies were never discussed.
4. Accordingly, the undersigned aspirants wish to dissociate ourselves from the content and intent of the publication. In the Aspirants’ Forum, we discuss issues, principles and ideas and not frivolities as represented in the publication. It is not in our character to disparage our leaders.
5. Our colleague, Pastor Segun Abraham who unilaterally issued and sponsored the said publication should take full responsibility for his idea and actions without dragging other aspirants into public opprobrium.
6. We remain commited to Ondo state that is prosperous, developed and peaceful which is the focus of the revered Unity Forum.
● Olayide Adelani
● Dapo Adelegan
● Bùkólá Adétulà
● Jumoke Anifowose
● Akin Awodeyi
● Alhaji Olanrewaju Kazeem
● Mr. Jimi Odimayo
● Chief Olúsolá Òkè, SAN
● Engr. IfeOluwa Oyedele, FNSE